- September 2, 2015
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Mobile App Development, Tech News
Native vs Phonegap
Native vs Phonegap is always a question asked while finalizing a mobile strategy to enterprises. its often difficult to understand why should we develop in Native languages as there are platforms which can work across operating systems
Native : Native is development using APIs and functions provided by OS ( Android ,IOS) and seamlessly use all capabilities . However Native needs to develop n the specific languages OS provides -Like (Android using Java , IOS using Objective C)
However Phonegap comes with some drawback
- Low Performance. As it an wrapper created over OS – Phonegap has a visible performance lack compared to Native
- Optimization Capabilities : Phonegap does not provide Application optimization opportunities much
- Low graphics capabilities
- UI – Native have high UI experience compare to Phonegap .
- UI Performance : Phone gap need more time to load .For example
- Clicks are more responsive on native apps, but with hybrid, the user may need to click more than once in order for the app to response. However, there are some workarounds for this problem.
- Scrolling list feel seemless on native apps, but with hybrid, the user may feel some frame loading delays. There are also some workaround for this problem with hybrid that may help reduce the frame per second delays in hybrid
- Large animations execute much more fluid on native apps, but with hybrid apps, large animations may not behave seamlessly.
- Security -Depending on the security requirements of the project, native apps may provide better security environment; Hybrd Apps may face limitations based on framework
- Attempting improving performance and UI improvement in Phonegap will need more time and cost . Hence if you are developing good performance and user experince app Phonegap will be costlier and provide less results
We have number of example quoted app developed in Hybrid platforms later converted to Native for performance . Even people says number of famous apps migrated to Native over performance
We ourselves have one app originally developed by an another vendor in Hybrid platform – we recreated using Native with visible performance improvement
We Recommend to choose phonegap over native only when
- The project have financial constraints
- UI and performance expectations are lower side
- Want to do a Quick POC to showcase to the stakeholders
To know more about mobile application techniques connect us at [email protected]